Sunday 8 May 2011

Final pieces- front cover

For my front cover i broke the convention of using a back ground and image seperatly and used my image as the back ground. i put the image on first and then added the text and other secondary images. I used the smudge tool so that the other images would paritially blend with the back ground and prevent them looking like they had simply been placed on top of the image. All the other stories are placed down the right hand side and this is because my model is largely on the left as apposed to being in the centre. she is looking directly at the camera and it seem as if she is looking at the reader. Other than the main image I followed conventions on all the other item like the mast head being at the top and the barcode in the bottom right hand corner. I then placed a banner along the bottom of the page advertising a competition inside the magazine, this is also typical of most magazines. I decided not to use any pugs because i didnt feel that they would look good with my magazine as they tend to stand out too much and over shadow the main cover line.

No comments:

Post a Comment